Emergency & Inclement Weather
Cascade Christian Schools makes every effort to make decisions on school delays and closures as early as possible. Decisions about late start or no school days, if not made the previous evening, will generally be communicated by 6:30 in the morning using the following methods:
Parent Alert System: Text Messages
CCS uses RenWeb’s ParentAlert to send messages via text message in the case of an emergency or inclement weather. These alerts are automatically sent to the contacts on file in Renweb. No registration is required. Please be sure your contact information is always up-to-date.
FlashAlert Messenger: Email and Messenger App
Additionally, parents may subscribe to FlashAlert Messenger to receive notifications. To view current alerts or to subscribe to FlashAlert, click the icon (below). To receive notifications on your mobile device, download the FlashAlert Messenger App: Click the image on the right for instructions.
Please note that we no longer follow Puyallup School District's announcements
regarding late starts and school closures
PARENTS PLEASE NOTE: Please make yourself familiar with this Emergency and Inclement Weather Policy in place for Cascade Christian Schools. These procedures are intended to address concerns and ensure the safety of our staff and families, while continuing to provide quality care for parents with Cougar Club needs.
It is always the parents’ decision whether inclement weather conditions prevent them from safely transporting their child to school. If parents believe driving conditions are unsafe, they should report their child’s absence to the school.
The Superintendent of Cascade Christian Schools is responsible for posting snow delays or closure announcements on the FlashAlert website, which automatically updates area radio and television stations of the schools’ status.
Parents may view and receive notices regarding Cascade Christian Schools’ closure information on the web by visiting FlashAlert.net, clicking South Sound Private Schools, and then Cascade Christian Schools.
For Preschool through Grade 12:
We use the following guidelines to make decisions regarding weather-related school closures.
• “Two hours late” means that there is no morning preschool or half-day kindergarten.
• “One hour late” means that school is conducted as usual, but one hour late.
• A “mid-day weather closure” after school has begun for the day means that parents will be notified to pick up their students as soon as they are able. Child care and Cougar Club will operate as noted below.
• The FlashAlert website automatically updates local area radio and television stations of our schools’ status, including:
KOMO AM 1000, KIRO AM 710, KCMS FM 105, KCIS AM 630
KING-5 TV News and the “Today Show”
For Child Care (Infant through K-prep) and Elementary Extended School Cougar Club programs:
During late starts, these programs will operate from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., unless otherwise specifically announced.
During school closures:
• PUYALLUP EARLY LEARNING CENTER will operate from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., unless otherwise specifically announced.*
• FREDERICKSON ELEMENTARY Child Care and Extended School Cougar Club Programs are CLOSED during school closures. All enrichment classes will be cancelled and rescheduled.
• PUYALLUP ELEMENTARY Extended School Cougar Club Program is CLOSED during school closures. All enrichment classes will be cancelled and rescheduled.
• MCALDER ELEMENTARY Extended School Cougar Club Program is CLOSED during school closures. All enrichment classes will be cancelled and rescheduled.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT during non-school days (i.e., Christmas break, national holidays), in the event of extreme inclement weather, the Child Care and Elementary Extended School Cougar Club programs may need to reduce operating hours or may need to close. You may obtain further information by checking FlashAlert.net or by calling the campus elementary or early learning office.