- About CCS
- COVID-19 Information and Protocols
- CCS Statement of Faith
- Guiding Principles
- Educational Philosophy
- Vision 2030
- Vision 2020
- Biblical Worldview
- Biblical Worldview Institute
- Health, Safety, and Emergency Information
- Privacy Statement
KPrep - Grade 12 Fall 2020
Please click here for a letter about our plan for the start to the school year.
Start to the School Year
Visit this page for detailed information on our plan for the start to the school year.
Yes. Traditional KPrep will be operating as an early learning program on-site at each campus where typically offered. The health and safety guidelines will be implemented in the KPrep classrooms for continued learning and care. More information will be sent to you in an information packet from your campus.
Click here for our plan to transition to on-site learning as soon as possible.
K–12 Learning Options and Tuition
All CCS families will receive a 15% reduction in tuition during our time in remote learning. Families who choose the full-time remote learning option will receive the 15% tuition reduction for the entire 2020-2021 school year. This reduction will be in addition to any other adjustments that have already been made. These adjustments will be reflected in families’ FACTS accounts starting September.
Temporary remote learning with transition to on-site learning
If it is your intent to transition to on-site learning when circumstances allow, your student’s spot in the classroom is being held. Your FACTS account will automatically be adjusted to reflect the remote learning tuition rate for the period that we are operating remotely. At the point that we transition back to on-site learning, tuition will automatically be adjusted back to regular rates. No action is needed on your part at this time.
Full-time remote (2020-21 school year)
If it is your intent to choose full-time remote learning, you are acknowledging that it may be your only option for the 2020-2021 school year as on-site space is limited. Families choosing this option will pay the remote learning tuition rate—which reflects the 15% discount—for the entire 2020-2021 school year.
Please formally indicate your choice for full-time remote learning by completing the link below so we can adjust your FACTS account accordingly. Completing this form will also open a spot for another on-site student when we transition to on-site learning. Please complete this form by 5 PM on August 17, 2020.
Click here for a response from the health department posted on August 14, 2020.
A temporary Thrive-On camp child care program is being offered during the time of remote learning for Kindergarten to grade 6 CCS students.Visit this page for details.
Early Learning Child Care is offered as an essential program at Puyallup Early Learning Center and Frederickson Early Learning Center for 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Safe Return to On-Site School
- Students should be able to be on-site all day, every day
- We have put a cap on class sizes for the purpose of being able to achieve social distancing guidelines. This means that some of our grades will require waiting pools. Families who have completed the enrollment process can be assured their student's space has been secured.
Social distancing guidelines will be practiced throughout the campuses.
Lunches will likely be eaten in classrooms and other areas where smaller groups can be accommodated.
Chapels and assemblies will likely be presented in auditoriums and will be live-streamed into classrooms. Groups of students might be able to attend the live presentation on a rotating basis.
- Special events will likely be highly limited if allowed to take place.
- There are a number of creative alternatives being discussed.
- Steps will be taken to broadcast certain events online.
- Spectators/audience members might not be allowed to attend.
- For JH & HS athletics, visit this page.
It is likely that students will move from one place to another in the same groups, so the number of students being interacted with is limited throughout the day.
Yes, in all phases certain protocols and schedules for cleaning and sanitization throughout the day and at the end of each day will be established and strictly followed by all individuals.
Screening protocols for all individuals entering buildings on a daily basis will be established and strictly adhered to. This will include screening for staff and students as they enter the building each morning, and any guests that enter buildings throughout the day. The intensity of protocols may be adjusted depending on the mandates in place.
- It is likely that staff and students will be asked to provide their own masks that can be worn at certain times during the day.
- The frequency of wearing these masks will be determined by the phase we are in and the mandates that are in place.
In the event remote learning is mandated:
In the event we are mandated to only offer remote learning, you have our assurance that we will do everything we can to offer families an experience that is both personalized and excellent in nature, which will be more than just status quo.
- Adjusting tuition has significant ramifications to the day to day operations of the schools, which makes it challenging to do so.
- If conditions we are operating under when school starts, allow us to significantly reduce expenses, adjusting tuition becomes more feasible. We understand the importance of the value-added factor in this matter.
- As of this moment, final decisions have not been made but be assured we are giving serious consideration to the matter.
Due to the extraordinary circumstances we are currently living in, families who need to withdraw, even after the 2020-2021 school year has started will not be charged withdrawal fees if we are operating in conditions reflective of phases one through three.
Tuition will be reimbursed on a prorated basis to where families will only be charged for the school days that have elapsed.
Want your friends to join us at CCS? Click here to learn more about how they can enroll from home:
Weekly At-Home Projects