Who should attend the Development & Fundraising Track?
- Giving Philosophy - Understand why and how development work at a school is unique
- The Annual Fund - Identify the components of a healthy and sustainable annual fund
- Create your own plan - Learn how to implement successful fundraising strategies at your school
- Giving Philosophy
- Giving Cycle
- Message – case development, timing, editorial perspective, etc.
- Appeals – direct mail, website, video, email, social media tools
- Events – phone-a-thon, auction, golf tournament, etc.
- Major Donors
- Reports – dashboard & metrics
During the day, you will have the opportunity to apply your learning and take your ideas to your school for the 2019-20 school year.
Meet your Track Leader, Rob Mitton
Rob Mitton is the Director of Development and Alumni offices at Cascade Christian Schools, where he has served for 9 years. He has been mentored by philanthropy author, Scott Rodin, and personally coached by philanthropy expert, Jim Shapiro. With their counsel, Rob developed and implemented a comprehensive annual fund for CCS, yielding annual increases in gifts and givers.
Rob has served in pastoral and financial advisor roles throughout his career. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his beautiful wife, Jaime, and their five incredible children in Puyallup, WA.