Are you ready to take your school to the next level of improved student learning?
- Understand how to set practical, data-based, achievable goals for your school, your teachers’ classrooms and for your students.
- Learn how to engage teachers and students in successful, collaborative practices to implement those goals.
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC) processes and best practices
- Data-based goal setting
- How to be creative in setting up PLCs at your school (no matter how big or small)
- Student goal setting and student led conferences
During the day, you will have the opportunity to plan how you can apply these practices to your school for the 2019-20 school year.
Meet Your Track Leader, Joyce Blum
Joyce Blum is the Director of Student Learning and Professional Development at Cascade Christian Schools, where she has served in that capacity for six years. Previous to her current position, she was a classroom teacher (grades 2-12) for sixteen years and a principal (elementary and junior high) for eleven years.
Her whole career has been in Christian Education, and she is dedicated to bringing excellence to all educational processes. Since her tenure in her current position, the data shows marked improvement in student learning across the district.
Joyce holds a BEd in Elementary Education and a MS in Educational Leadership. She currently holds a teaching certificate and an administrator certificate with Washington State.
She has been married to Rick for 36 years and has two amazing adult sons and a wonderful daughter-in-law.