CCJH Welcomes Principal Walling for the 2018-19 School Year
Recently we announced that Mrs. Michele Suiter would be transitioning into the role of high school principal next year. Due to this, we have been conducting a search for a new junior high principal. We are blessed we have had a large pool of highly qualified candidates to prayerfully consider and interview.
We are now pleased to announce Mrs. Jennifer Walling is the individual God has brought to fill this critical role at CCJH. A primary focus for Mrs. Walling will be not only to lead the junior high program, but also to strengthen the connection between our elementary and junior high campuses.
- Born and raised in the South Puget Sound area
- Attended Tacoma Baptist Schools (TBS) from kindergarten through 12th grade
- Married to Joe Walling, who is also a TBS and PLU alumnus
- The couple has two children: son, Jed, a current seventh grader at Cascade Christian Junior High, and daughter, Jenica, now a fourth grader at Cascade Christian Puyallup Elementary
- Attended Pacific Lutheran University (PLU), where she completed her BA in Education, with majors in both Elementary and Special Education
- Began teaching for the Franklin Pierce School District’s Brookdale Elementary campus as a special education teacher in 2003
- Earned her master’s degree in education in 2014, planning to move into an administrative role the following year
But God had other plans...
In the spring of 2014, while completing her master’s degree, she was approached by their pastor and asked if she would consider using her degree and skills as the Executive Director of Operations at their church. (In 2013, the Wallings were one of ten core families who helped plant Gospel Life Church in Puyallup.) Through much prayer and seeking clarity from the Lord, she made the transition out of public education and into full-time ministry.
Mrs. Walling says, “The last four years at Gospel Life have been a tremendous blessing. I’ve been instrumental in developing the vision and mission of the church, creating and implementing new systems and structures, and developing and equipping leaders.” Recently, however, she’s felt a stirring to enter the field of education again.
“I have a genuine passion for discipleship and leader development,” she states. “My passions for both education and ministry are uniquely brought together at Cascade Christian. As a CCS parent, I have developed a love for the school community, and I strongly believe in the mission and philosophy of the school. I am hopeful, expectant, and eager to see all God will do at Cascade Christian in the years to come as I serve others and point them to the light of His grace.”
Principal Michele Suiter expressed, “I am so excited Jennifer Walling is joining our administrative team! Her heart for students and for the Lord is evident in everything she does; she brings a level of excellence and professionalism which make her the perfect fit for this position. Her love of Cascade Christian and junior high students is the perfect match for our community and is a reminder that God is so faithful!”
Mrs. Walling was on the JH/HS campus recently, meeting the faculty and staff with whom she will be working. She will be back next week to be introduced to the junior high students. "We can’t say enough about how pleased and excited we are to have her joining our leadership team," said Dr. Ken Friesen, HS Principal. "Please be in prayer for this transition to be as seamless as possible for Mrs. Walling and her family."