Skip Navigation
Watermark Logo
  • College Financial Aid

    Types of Financial Aid Through FAFSA


    • PELL Grants: Need-based; always receives an SEOG Grant
    • Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)>>>Max $4,000

    Work Study

    • Granted through FAFSA, money goes straight to student

    Student Loans

    • Subsidized Loans: No interest accruing while in school
    • Unsubsidized Loans: Offered to all students, regardless of EFC, if they apply with FAFSA

    Parent Loans

    • Apply for FAFSA and Parent Plus Loan: Looks specifically at parents’ credit and if approved, can borrow up to full cost of attendance; parents co-sign this loan


    • To receive aid from federal student aid programs, you must show financial need (except for PLUS and SLS loans); have a high school diploma or a GED or pass a special test given by your school; and be a U.S. citizen or be an eligible noncitizen.
    • To apply for federal student aid, you need to fill out and sign the application form the college uses. Your application must be received by the deadline given on the form, or you will not be able to receive aid for the school year.

    Financial Aid Resources (Student Bulletins from